The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Jan. 29:
- At 5:43 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Essex Street and the driver told police she didn't have a license. A woman will be summonsed to court on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 5:53 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Sewall Street. Tahlia Buckless was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 6:28 p.m., police located a man known to have an outstanding warrant walk into the Walgreens on New Derby Street. He was placed under arrest when he walked out of the store and was found to be in possession of drugs and stolen merchandise. Daniel L. Nason, 56, of 296 Washington St., Salem, was arrested on charges of shoplifting by concealing merchandise, illegal possession of a class B substance, and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 7:18 p.m., a Lynde Street man called police to report that his Playstation 2 and 15 DVDs were stolen from his house.
Wednesday, Jan. 30:
- At 12:01 a.m., police responded to a report of someone pounding a door and yelling on Watson Street.
- At 1:25 a.m., police stopped a motorist for speeding on Highland Avenue. Antonio A. Garcia, 28, of 134 Western Ave., Lynn, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:26 a.m., police responded to a report of cars stuck on an icy road on Shore Avenue. The DPW was called in to salt the road.
- At 9:07 a.m., a Carol Way woman called police to report that she suspects her mother's health aid is stealing from her mother. The woman requested that a new health aid be sent to the house.
- At 10:28 a.m., an employee at The Hawthorne Hotel called police for assistance with "a former employee who shows up at hte hotel from time to time."
- At 11:54 a.m., police responded to a report of wires down on Linden Street.
- At 11:57 a.m., police responded to a report of someone damaging a tree on Hancock Street.
- At 2:29 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Highland Avenue.
- Luis F. Marques, 25, of 127 Canal St., Salem, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 2:46 p.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting on Highland Avenue. Wendy L. Boulay, 40, of 61 Country St., Peabody, was arrested on a charge of larceny over property valued above $250.
- At 2:48 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic assault and battery on Beaver Street.
Samantha M. Jansky, 22, of 9 Mill St., Beverly, was arrested on two counts of aggravated assault and battery.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.