The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Nov. 12:
- At 4:06 p.m., police responded to a report of harassment on New Derby Street.
- At 4:29 p.m., a pair of Butler Street residents called police to report that their home had been broken into when they went to the movies Sunday night and cash and items were missing.
- At 5:17 p.m., a Harbor Street resident called police to report that there was someone in the basement that did not belong.
- At 5:19 p.m., an Emerald Avenue resident called police to report that they had been bitten on the calf by a small black dog.
- At 5:29 p.m., Jonathan Scot Silveira, 28, of 25 Aborn St., Peabody, was arrested on Flint Street for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:49 p.m., police responded to a report of a fight a the skate park on Mansell Parkway.
- At 8:31 p.m., a North Street resident called police to report that he and his girlfriend witnessed several men in a red vehicle passing around a rifle and loading it. The information was sent out to other officers but police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- At 8:46 p.m.,police responded to a report of a passenger in a white motor vehicle on Memorial Drive with a knife. Police were unable to locate any vehicles matching the description.
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- At 1:46 a.m., police responded to a report of a tree on fire on Broad Street. Local firefighters arrived shortly after and extinguished "a small amount of flames."
- At 3:33 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Boston Street. Lindsey Weiss, 24, of 113 Wapiti Loop, Hyrum, Utah, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and illegal possession of a class C substance (Diazepam).
- At 8:25 a.m., a Summer Street woman called police to report that someone stole a couch valued at $100 off of her front lawn. The woman said she had recently sold the couch on Craigslist but someone else came by and took it.
- At 9:55 a.m., police responded to a report of a robbery on Gardner Street. Shannon L. O'Hare, 31, of 37 Pike St., Salisbury, was arrested on an outstanding warrant, and on charges of armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (bat).
- At 10:32 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Congress and Leavitt streets. The driver reportedly told police that he spilled hot coffee on his lap and he ended up crashing into a brick wall as a result.
- At 11:49 a.m., a Washington Street business owner called police to report that someone entered his business and took $100 cash from the cash register. The man said he believed it was an ex-employee who still had access to a key to the front door. The man was advised to change his locks.
- At 12:01 p.m., police received word that a vacant home had been broken into on Fort Avenue.
- At 12:10 p.m., a Meadow Street man called police to complain about neighbors who have been throwing bottles onto his property.
- At 3:14 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered on the sidewalk on Loring Avenue. The needle was reportedly taken to the police station and disposed of.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.