The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Dec. 7:
- At 5:09 p.m., police responded to a report of a man yelling in the street near the intersection of Essex Street and Museum Place.
- At 6:15 p.m., police responded to a medical overdose on Palmer Street.
- At 6:57 p.m., a Ropes Street woman entered the police station to report that someone had spray-painted a smiley face and peace symbol on her vehicle overnight.
- At 8:06 p.m., police received word that a possibly intoxicated woman had just driven up to a Trader's Way liquor store and purchased alcohol. An employee at the store told police he sold the woman two bottles of tequila and a bottle of champagne and noted that she didn't appear intoxicated. Police were unable to locate the woman.
- At 8:01 p.m., a man called police to report that a woman squirted him with a water bottle while he was standing outside of Walgreens.
- At 9:39 p.m., police responded to a report of two men talking about drug use on Lafayette Street.
- At 8:58 p.m., a man called police to report that his truck was broken into while parked at Home Depot and some tools had been stolen.
- At 9:41 p.m., a woman called police to report that her wallet was stolen from an unlocked locker at Planet Fitness.
- At 9:44 p.m., police responded to a reported assault on Lafayette Street. James F. Martinez, 32, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on charges of possessing a class A substance (heroin) and possessing a class B substance (Suboxone).
- At 9:54 p.m., police responded to a report of a raccoon in the basement of a home on North Street. Police were unable to locate the animal.
Saturday, Dec. 8:
- At 1:27 a.m., two people were reportedly found sleeping inside an ATM on Central Street.
- At 1:47 a.m., police responded to a reported fight in the street on Salem Street.
- At 9:16 a.m., police responded to a report of a Vera Wang purse discovered in a trash can near a car wash on North Street.
- At 3:01 p.m., a Forrester Street man called police to report that a fence in front of his home was damaged overnight.
- At 4:51 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident on Highland Avenue.
- At 5:51 p.m., police discovered a stolen car parked at the intersection of Memorial Drive and Restaurant Row. The vehicle's owner was reportedly notified.
- At 7:48 p.m., a Boston Street woman called police to report that she wanted her son to leave the house. Francis A. Flaherty, 31, of 60 Lexington St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of assault, intimidating a witness, threatening to commit a crime (stabbing) and kidnapping.
- At 7:53 p.m., police responded to a reported armed robbery at GameZone on Essex Street. Click Here for our full story.
- At 8:31 p.m., police responded to a reported fire on Monroe Street. Responding officers reportedly found a small plastic gas can burning in the street.
Sunday, Dec. 9:
- At 12:36 a.m., police responded to a reported disturbance at Rockafella's. Darguin Fortuna, 23, of 260 Washington St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct. Von D. Robinson, 35, of 103 Marlborough Road, Salem, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 1:42 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries on Lafayette Street. Jamie B. Oriordan, 21, of 3 Warren Road, Woburn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 10:19 a.m., a woman called police to report that someone stole her gym bag from the YMCA on Leggs Hill Road while she was working out on a treadmill.
- At 3:26 p.m., police responded to a report of a child left unattended in a motor vehicle outside of the Family Dollar on Canal Street. Responding officers determined that a woman left her two-year-old child unattended in her minivan while she shopped in the store for approximately half-an-hour. The Department of Child Protective Services was reportedly notified of the incident.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.