33nd Annual Christmas in Salem Historic House Tour
Christmas in Salem—Seaside
Presented by Historic Salem, Inc.
One of the nation’s oldest, largest, and most historic house tours kicks off the holiday season in Salem, MA, and features nine charming seaside homes spanning a variety of architectural styles from the late 19th through the early 20th centuries.
Friday, November 30, 2012 ‐‐ 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM Candlelight tour of four selected homes, for advance ticket holders only
Saturday, December 1, 2012 ‐‐ 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Sunday, December 2, 2012 ‐‐ 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Snow Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012 ‐‐ 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Historic Salem, Inc. is celebrating its 67th year as the city’s preeminent preservation group. Christmas in Salem is its primary fundraiser, and a significant portion of the proceeds will support the interior restoration of the Nathaniel Bowditch house as well as community and educational programming through the year.
Advance tickets are $25 for HSI members and $30 for non‐members. Tickets are $35 the days of the event.
Beginning October 22, tickets may be purchased in advance at www.ChristmasinSalem.org, by calling HSI at 978‐745‐0799, or in person at select retail outlets (visit the website for stores and addresses). Deadline for advance ticket sales is Wednesday, November 28 at 5:00 PM. On December 1 and 2, tickets may be purchased only at the Bentley School, 25 Memorial Drive, Salem, Mass.
- Up to nine charming, private homes by the sea, beautifully decorated for the holidays.
- Holiday tea at the Hawthorne Hotel, a Salem Willows lecture, a musical concert at the House of the Seven Gables, wine tastings at Salem Wine Imports, and live music in many homes.
- Special promotion features restaurants and retailers from Salem; many will be offering discounts to tour goers throughout the holiday season.
- Complimentary trolley to the Salem Willows neighborhood from the Bentley School.
- A special hotel and ticket package with the Hawthorne Hotel
- Please note, the tour is not handicapped accessible.
Visit www.ChristmasinSalem.org for details, directions, and tickets.