The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Feb. 18:
- At 4:05 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the parking lot of the Saken Market Basket. Alfredo Villacinda, 24, of 23 Albany St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 5:17 p.m., police located a man on Canal Street known to have an outstanding warrant. James C. Candilieri, 20, of 52 Roslyn St., Salem, was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 9:05 p.m., police responded to a dispute over gas on Boston Street.
- At 10:05 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Harbor Street. Edward McCusker Jr., 30, of 233 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disturbing the peace.
- At 10:29 p.m., police responded to a report of damaged ice sculptures at the intersection of Essex Street and East India Square. The Diamond Engagement Ring sculpture and the Snowy Owl were reportedly damaged. The Ice Tall Ship sculpture was damaged Sunday night. Click Here to view video footage of the sculptures.
- At 10:30 p.m., a local resident called police to report that a BB had been shot through his window while it was parked on Pierpont Street.
Tuesday, Feb. 19:
- At 1:15 a.m., police respodned to a report of a woman crying in the street on Washington Street. A woman reportedly told responding officers that someone had just stolen her purse from her while she was walking on New Derby Street.
- At 1:28 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Essex Street.
- At 8:02 a.m., police responded to a report of a man in a devil costume who may be planning to jump off of the Veterans Memorial Bridge. The man told responding officers that he was fine, just watching the sunrise.
- At 8:27 a.m., police responded to a report of a cat hit by a car on North Street.
- At 11:05 a.m., police located a man on Washington Street known to have an outstanding warrant. Joseph P. Styczko, 53, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 11:13 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Dow Street.
- At 11:57 a.m., a local resident and his son entered the police station to report that an iPhone was stolen from the Lynch van Otterloo YMCA on Leggs Hill Road.
- At 12:26 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Lafayette and Leavitt streets. Larry J. Brison, 54, of 11 Grant St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.