Today is Friday, Jan. 25, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another frigid day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, with a high near 22. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 16. (sunrise, 7:03 a.m.; high tide, 9:52 a.m.; low tide, 4:08 p.m.; sunset, 4:48 p.m.)
2. Peabody is entering into an inter-municipal agreement with Salem that will mean the city's chief building inspector will provide services to Peabody for the immediate future. Click Here for our full story.
3. Looking to take in some live music this weekend? Well then you're in luck, because there are plenty of options right here on the North Shore! Click Here to read this week's live music round-up, with plenty of choices right here in Salem.
4. Consider this story a reminder to bring your pets inside when the temperature drops. Salem police officers reportedly found a short-haired Weimaraner tied to a rope outside a Lafayette Street home in 15-degree-weather Wednesday. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 25, 1961, John F. Kennedy delivered the first live presidential television news conference.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.