Today is Monday, Jan. 14, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 30. (low tide, 6:31 a.m.; sunrise, 7:10 a.m.; high tide, 12:49 p.m.; sunset, 4:34 p.m.)
2. Salem Patch reader Doug Coonrod was nice enough to send along the amazing photo attached to this post, which was taken in the early dawn hours on Jan. 11. Do you have any Salem sunrise or sunset photos? If you do, feel free to share them with your neighbors here.
3. The Salem Licensing Board will meet tonight at City Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding an application for a common victualler's license, according to the posted agenda.
4. Salem High School's indoor track team will take on Revere tonight. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on! Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 14, 1973, Elvis Presley's concert Aloha from Hawaii set a record as the most watched broadcast by an individual entertainer in television history.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.