Today is Friday, Feb. 8, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. City residents will be bracing themselves for a blizzard beginning this afternoon. Check our Storm Center for local storm updates. (sunrise, 6:49 a.m.; high tide, 9:02 a.m.; low tide, 3:24 p.m.; sunset, 5:06 p.m.)
2. We're a little less than three months away from the worldwide premier of Rob Zombie's locally-set film The Lords of Salem. The movie is set to be released to theaters on April 26. Click Here to check out the latest horrifying trailer for the film.
3. You can tell your kids not to worry about heading into school today. Salem Public Schools are closed today and city officials are uring local residents to stay off of the street.
4. The city's on-street parking ban will officially begin at 12 p.m. So move those cars people!
5. Today in History: On Feb. 8, 1922, President Warren G. Harding introduced the first radio to the White House.For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.