Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant winter day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 38. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. (sunrise, 6:32 a.m.; high tide, 6:47 a.m.; low tide, 1:10 p.m.; sunset, 5:22 p.m.)
2. Looking for something to do tonight? The Village Tavern Grill & Oyster Bar will host an evening of jazz and blues tonight starting from 7:30 p.m.
3. Always looking to try something new? As part of this week's Ask a Salem Expert column, we stopped by the Jean-Louis Pasta Shop on Derby Street and learned how to hand-roll tortelloni. Click Here to watch the video.
4. The Salem Zoning Board of Appeals will meet tonight at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 20, 1864, the Battloe of Olustee occurred, the largest battle fought in Florida during the war.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.