Today is Tuesday, Feb. 19, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be noticeably warmer in Salem today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high around 47. Tonight will bring rain showers and a low around 31. (sunrise, 6:34 a.m.; low tide, 12:12 p.m.; sunset, 5:20 p.m.; low tide, 6:30 p.m.)
2. Local birders, we need your help! We're testing out a new column this week called What's Landing at Your Feeder? and we're looking for local bird photos. So grab a camera or pull out your smart phone and snap a picture of your bird feeder and add it to our growing gallery.
3. The Salem Parks and Recreation Commission will meet tonight at the Senior Center. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6:45 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding several proposed golf tournaments and a farm-direct coop, according to the posted agenda.
4. Are you looking for a new home in Salem? Curious to see what's selling in your neighborhood? Click Here to take a closer look at 17 local homes that were recently added to the local real estate market.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 19, 1878, Thomas Edison signed the patent on his latest invention - the phonograph.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.