Today is Friday, Feb. 15, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 49. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 6:39 a.m.; low tide, 8:35 a.m.; high tide, 2:50 p.m.; sunset, 5:15 p.m.)
2. The Salem So Sweet Chocolate & Wine Tasting, originally planned for Feb. 8, will be held tonight beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Colonial Hall at Rockafellas on Washington Street. The ice sculptures are scheduled to go out tomorrow morning.
3. Here's something you don't hear every day. Salem police officers trying to get people to move their cars for snow removal on Gardner Street Thursday afternoon allegedly stumbled upon drug activity and made six arrests. Click Here for our full story.
4. Are you looking for a new home in Salem? Click Here for a closer look at 18 Salem properties that will be holding open houses this Sunday. Who knows, your future home may just be on this week's list.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 15, 1965, a new red-and-white maple leaf design was adopted as the flag of Canada.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.