The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Saturday, Jan. 26:
- At 4:08 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Clark Avenue.
- At 7:04 p.m., a man entered the police station to discuss an issue he was having with Walmart. The man said he purchased a video game system and found that the box only contained cables when he returned home. When he tried to return it, an employee told him the bar-code showed the product was purchased at Best Buy.
- At 9:02 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Pratt Street.
- At 9:32 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Pope Street.
- At 11:34 p.m., police responded to a house party on Pope Street.
Sunday, Jan. 27:
- At 12:12 a.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Peabody Street.
- At 2:13 a.m., police arrested a man on River Street after he refused to leave the area and was being loud. William A. Doucette, 28, of River St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disturbing the peace.
- At 2:18 a.m., police arrested a man on Margin Street. Mark A. Gray, 18, of 68 Inman St., Lawrence, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 7:31 a.m., police responded to a reported theft on Margin Street.
- At 8:24 a.m., an Oak Street man called police to report that someone has been dumping trash in a dumpster he rented for a home renovation.
- At 9:13 a.m., police stopped a man who illegally dumped trash into a recycling container on Pingree Street and made him go back and retrieve it.
- At 10:03 a.m., police responded to a complaint regarding a man who was "scratching his body" near a bakery on Highland Avenue.
- At 10:04 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Naumkeag Street.
- At 11:09 a.m., police responded to a report of a man trying to get a false prescription at North Shore Medical Center.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.