Before you start your day, here are 5 things you need to know:
1. Weather -Fall will be in the air today with highs in the upper 60s and mostly cloudy.
2. Salem Spins - Need to get around the city? Salem Spins is up and running..or, er....moving...Today, an official ribbon-cutting will take place at 2:30 at the. Bicycles will be available at two "hubs." The downtown hub will be near the Hawthorne Hotel.
The second hub will be at the Salem State Campus Police Station, where bicycles will be available to Salem State students and faculty. Salem Spins will be offered from September through November and will re-open after the winter season in March (schedules are weather permitting and the program is active only during daylight hours).
3. Last Chance - to buy tickets to the "Bottoms Up For Buy Ins Fundraiser" today. The fundraiser will be held Friday at 7:30 p.m. Bring two bottles of wine; one to share, one to add to the 'instant wine cellar' that will be raffled off. For more information or to purchase tickets please call, email or see in person: Marcie Clawson (978) 745-7874 firstname.lastname@example.org Cathy Bradbury (978) 745-5013 email@example.com Pam Rochna (978) 744-3471 firstname.lastname@example.org Jane Turiel (978) 740-9693 email@example.com
4. Mosquitos - after the hot, damp weather. Make sure you read the suggestions for ways to avoid being bitten. The threat of West Nile will be around until the first frost.
5. Food News - Did you hear a where used to be? Check out our lead story this morning and let us know what you think of the addition in the comment section.
For more things going on today, look at the events calendar.