Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- Steven Pinto is planning on running for a third term as Councilor-at-large. If you're interested in meeting Steve and learning his take on the issues in Salem, you'll have the opportunity to do so at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday at the .
- Buckle down for some more gray skies. We had them yesterday and we'll have more today. The National Weather Service predicts a 90 percent chance of showers today and a high of 50 degrees.
- Are you on the hunt for a Pooch Pass? You're in luck. We hear the has what you're looking for.
- Do you have an opinion on the announcement that ? We are currently accepting Letters to the Editor.
- By now we're sure you've heard — another City park is under the microscope for contaminants. will be cleaned after contaminants were found. Be sure to catch up on everything you need to know about the park at a 7 p.m. meeting at on Thursday.
To find out what else is happening today in Salem, check out our events calendar.