Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- Congratulations to Daan Veldhuizen. Executive Editor of American Cinematographer magazine Stephen Pizzello (a Salem native) presented the first ever Salem Film Fest American Cinematographer Magazine Award to Veldhuizen for his film Stories from Lakka Beach.
- The New England Revolution’s youth development program has a squad of 18 for its 2012 Future Champions Gauteng Tournament in South Africa, and there is a Salemite on the lineup. Congrats to Amadu Kunateh, who will be playing on March 31.
- It's voting day. There have been some recent changes in Salem wards. Check out our need-to-know information for voting day on the site now.
- Spring restaurant week is just around the corner. Delicious dishes and specials will be available at your favorite Salem waterholes beginning March 25. Stay tuned for more on the delicious offerings, and if you are a participating restaurant, we'd love to feature some of your dishes, just get in touch.
- If any of you are interested in some of job openings, there are some opportunities available now. Click here to learn more.