Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- The turkey invasion continues. We've had even more reports of turkeys downtown. If you have a turkey photo to share, , and be sure to check out all of the user submissions . In the video from George Brandenburg, you can actually hear some pretty intense gobbling.
- The Salem Film Fest begins tonight at the . For more on the fest, be sure to check our story on the homepage now. We'll be linking to the schedule each day. Complete information can by found on the Salem Film Fest website. Happy viewing!
- We had a great time with the Friends of Winter Island last night at the . Salem historian Nelson Dionne shared some vintage photos of the island, and members of the organization shared some of their visions for the space. We're hoping to add the Friends of Winter Island to our local voices soon.
- Are you a beer lover? Mark your calendar for March 8. From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., will be unveiling its new tap system. For more, .
- Bob Broderick is back. Find his music picks for the week as the top spot under local voices now. If you're interested in blogging, get in touch.