Today is Wednesday, Dec. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, with a high near 38. Tonight will bring rain and snow, becoming all rain after midnight. The low will be around 36. (sunrise, 7:12 a.m.; high tide, 9:37 a.m.; low tide, 3:57 p.m.; sunset, 4:16 p.m.)
2. Though it isn't a well-known tradition in the United States, Boxing Day will be celebrated in countries across the globe today. Never heard of it? Click Here for a cool Patch article breaking down the 7 Things You Need to Know About Boxing Day.
3. Ready to get rid of your Christmas tree already? Salem's 10th Annual Christmas Tree Bonfire will be held on Friday, Jan. 4 at Dead Horse Beach at 6:30 p.m.
4. Let the 2012 in review articles continue. Today we're offering a look back at the Most Bizarre Police Log Entries of 2012. We've published some pretty strange entries over the last 12 months.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 26, 1982, Time magazine's Man of the Year was a non-human for the first time - the personal computer.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.