Today is Friday, Dec. 14, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 7:05 a.m.; high tide, 11:17 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; low tide, 5:41 p.m.)
2. Looking for something fun to do tonight? Consider catching the Salem Theatre Company's second Main Stage production of Season Ten, Reckless by Craig Lucas. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Click Here for all the details.
3. In the market for a new house or condo in Salem? Click Here for a closer look at 10 local homes that will be holding open houses in Salem Sunday. Holding an open house? Feel free to add it to our list.
4. Wonder what's on sale at Salem's Winter Farmers' Market? Click Here for a photo gallery from yesterday's event at the Old Town Hall and consider stopping by the last market of the season next week.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 14, 1903, The Wright brothers made their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, N.C.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.