Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- It's just about the time. Time to head back to school. Wondering how you're going to get there? Check out the bus schedule.
- Did you know is also a hot spot for live music? In addition to providing fresh food, the restaurant is bringing fresh tunes to the Witch City. Check out the September schedule here.
- We're getting down to one month before the big month. Yesterday, the brochure was released. Check out more here.
- Chef Jennifer from the has had quite a showing on . It's down to six chefs and she's still in the running. Word on the Street is she'll be in during the on Thursday to show off her skills. Be sure to stop by and say hello to Jennifer beginning at 3:30 p.m.
- Have you checked out the on lately? There have been some changes. Husband and wife David and Jeff Bowie have been working together to bring something savory to Salem. The Picklepot, which David will now head, will now feature spices, teas and other tasty treats.
To find out what else is happening today in Salem, check out our events calendar.