Back in the dark ages of downtown Salem, the choices for Easter Brunch were few and far between. Empty buildings dotted the mall and Washington Street.
Times sure have changed as more than a few fine eateries are preparing Easter brunch for you and your family.
Dress up in your Easter finest and drop in on one of these local restaurants for a serving of eggs benedict or a plate of waffles.
- Beginning at 10:30 a.m., a breakfast buffet will be available. Along with the usual breakfast items, try the carving station featuring honey baked ham, slow roasted prime rib or rosemary and garlic roasted leg of lamb. The buffet is served until 6 p.m. The cost is $40.95 for adults. Children are $16.95.
- A menu brunch begins at 11 a.m. Lobster eggs benedict, fat french toast and a petite filet of beef tenderloin highlight the offerings on Church Street. Wash it down with a Mimosa or Bellini. Items range from $9 at breakfast to $24 for the tenderloin.
- The buffet starts at 10 a.m. Fresh baked muffins, smoked salmon and boursin cheese with scrambled eggs will be featured along with a carving station with lamb and New York strip steak. Salad and dessert will also be available. The cost is $34.95 per person. Children under 12 eat for $14.95.
- The last of the original Pickering Wharf restaurants, this grand eatery will lay out its usual lavish buffet. The roast angus prime rib is to be expected. Leg of lamb and candied ham will also be there for you along with a five-cheese Cappelletti. The cost is $30 for adults. Kids under 12 can join for $15. Those under 5 eat free.
- Expect a 10 a.m. start to this buffet. Breakfast items like ham and cheese strudel, french toast, and entrees of roast salmon and pork loin will be featured. Drop in and meet newly hired Executive Chef Bill Mallette as he displays the cooking skills he will apply in the newly renovated Colonial Hall. Adults are $29. Children under 10 eat for $12.
- The Tavern will welcome guests beginning at 10:30 a.m. A build-your-own omelet station is always a feature of the Tavern brunch. Join for $19.99 per person.
- The Easter Extravaganza begin at 11:30 a.m. with an all you can eat buffet. Breakfast items, soups and chowders, a raw bar and entrees featuring grilled tuna steaks will be offered. Cost is$29.95 a person with a separate kids menu.
If there are other options you are looking for, give some consideration to the or down on Derby Street. Each will feature a menu brunch. Both Spiro and Jen respectively will be there to greet you.