Pumpkins will be judged in three age categories: 6-years-old and under, 7-10 years old and 11-14 years old. Participants' pumpkins will be on display for all to view during the month of October at Salem Common.
Below are the contest rules.
- Pumpkins can be no larger than 7" wide and 12" tall.
- Pumpkins may NOT be carved or hollowed out.
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on their entries.
- Entries will be received at the Common on Friday, October 18th from 4:00pm to 7:00pm, Saturday, October 19th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Only one entry per child will be accepted.
- Each participant will fill out a registration form and be assigned a number.
- Judging will take place on Sunday, October 20th at 11:00am.
- The following prizes will be awarded in each category: 1st Place - $25; 2nd Place - $20; 3rd Place $15; 4th Place - $10; and 5th Place - $5. Prize money has been generously donated by Fiesta Shows.
- Pumpkins will be placed on permanent display from noon to 6:00pm daily.
- Organizers reserve the right to dispose of any pumpkin that deteriorates before the end of the contest.
- If desired, participants may reclaim their pumpkins after Sunday, October 27th. Organizers cannot guarantee the condition of the pumpkin at the time of retrieval.