For immediate release
January 13, 2014 – Salem, NH
This year on June 21 Relay For Life Salem will celebrate its 10th Anniversary. Over the last decade the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked with Salem’s community to raise awareness about cancer and brought many area citizens together to bring an end to this disease. Relay For Life is the ACS’s most successful fundraiser and the organization's signature event that acts to fulfill the mission of improving survival from cancer, decreasing the incidence of cancer, and improving the quality of life for those who have been diagnosed with cancer.
What Is Relay For Life? It’s a day of celebration. During Relay participants and survivors gather to celebrate what survivors have overcome. It’s a day of remembrance. We remember people we’ve lost to cancer and honor those who continue to fight. We fight back. Relay inspires participants to take action against a disease that has taken too much. There’s no running involved. Participants walk around the track at Salem High School. You don’t have to walk for hours, a few steps is all it takes to make a difference.
Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer through the Relay For Life movement. There are more than 5,000 Relays held around the world and Relay For Life Salem is proud to be celebrating this milestone anniversary. Over the last ten years Relay For Life Salem NH raised more than $1 million to support the various outreach services, scientific research and educational programs. But we can do better with your help.
Join us at the Kickoff Celebration, which takes place on January 29. Find out how you can become involved. Bring your family and colleagues. Let’s rally around this milestone celebration and make this the best Relay ever.
Relay For Life of Salem Kickoff Celebration
January 29, 2014, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
Knights of Columbus, 37 Main Street, Salem
RSVP to Bianka Beaudoin at email@example.com or 603.471.4112
Below you’ll find a list of 10 reasons to participate. What’s yours? Let us know at Kickoff!
Ten reasons to be part of the 10th Relay For Life of Salem NH:
10. This is not your typical relay; together we will Relay in a Day.
9. One cannot relay by oneself; relay is an act of passing to another. Help us pass the spirit of community.
8. The camaraderie you’ll experience being part of a team achieving a common goal.
7. You get a really cool T-shirt … wear it around town to promote the event.
6. Walk the walk … talk the talk. Who do you want to catch up with over a few laps? Grab them and register together. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Enjoy a day of food, fun and family entertainment.
4. Make new friends, meet new neighbors, make a difference in your community.
3. If you don’t know anyone touched by cancer, chances are you will; and if you walk you’ll never feel as though there’s nothing you can do. You’ve done it.
2. Help our community’s teams support the ACS so it can continue to research, educate, advocate and provide patient care.
1. Do something to help finish the fight. You can walk 10 feet or 10 miles. It doesn’t matter. Take the first step and register today at relayforlife/salemnh
If you would like to RSVP or have questions about Relay, please contact Bianka Beaudoin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.471.4112