Today is Thursday, Sept. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant fall day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 66. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 48. (sunrise, 6:35 a.m.; low tide, 11:09 a.m.; high tide, 5:15 p.m.; sunset, 6:32 p.m.)
2. The new Honey Dew Donuts location on Canal Street in Salem officially opened for business this morning at 6 a.m. Click Here for our full story.
3. In case you didn't hear, Timothy Wells, 25, of Woburn, was arrested in New York late last night in connection to a double-stabbing aboard a Salem State University shuttle bus Wednesday morning. Click Here for our full story.
4. The Salem City Council will meet tonight at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 26, 1786, protestors shut down the court in Springfield, Mass., in a military standoff that began Shays' Rebellion.