Today is Friday, Sept. 27, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another fine fall day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 65. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 47. (sunrise, 6:36 a.m.; low tide, 11:33 a.m.; high tide, 5:53 p.m.; sunset, 6:31 p.m.)
2. A Salem Spins bike rack is now available at the Salem Ferry Landing on Blaney Street. If you want to use a bike, just stop by the Salem Ferry office. Click Here for everything you need to know about the Salem Spins Bike Sharing Program.
3. Don't forget! There will be free admission at dozens of museums across the North Shore Saturday - including four right here in Salem - as part of the Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live!Click Herefor our full story.
4. Salem High School's varsity football team will take on Lynn Classical High School tonight. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so consider making time to stop by and cheer them on! Click Here for game details.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 27, 1908, the first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Mich.