Today is Thursday, Oct. 31, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a chance of showers after 3 p.m. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 57. (sunrise, 7:16 a.m.; high tide, 9:12 a.m.; low tide, 3:22 p.m.; sunset, 5:37 p.m.)
2. Happy Halloween, Salem! Click Here to view a complete list of Halloween street closures in Salem. Click Here to view a list of handy safety tips from the Salem Police Department to share with your friends and family and get ready for tonight's free Angie Miller concert and annual fireworks display.
3. If you decided to go to bed early last night, you probably missed The Boston Red Sox winning their first World Series at Fenway Park since 1918. We will be sure to let you know when the big parade will be once that information is released.
4. Don't forget! Salem Mayor Kimberley Driscoll will hold an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit today! Join her at this link at noon with your questions about Salem, Haunted Happenings, or anything else you may have on your mind! Click Here for details.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 31, 1956, The United Kingdom and France began bombing Egypt to force the reopening of the Suez Canal.