Today is Wednesday, Oct. 30, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 42. (sunrise, 7:14 a.m.; high tide, 8:26 a.m.; low tide, 2:32 p.m.; sunset, 5:38 p.m.)
2. Salem Mayor Kimberley Driscoll will hold an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit on Halloween! Join her at this link on Oct. 31 at noon with your questions about Salem, Haunted Happenings, or anything else you may have on your mind! Click Here for details.
3. The City of Salem announced Monday that local favorite Angie Miller will perform during a free concert on Salem Common Thursday night. The concert is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and Angie will take the stage at 8 p.m. Click Here for our full story.
4. Looking for something fun to do tonight? The History of Halloween will be showing tonight at CinemaSalem. The show is scheduled to run from 3 to 8 p.m. Click Here for details.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 30, 1945, Jackie Robinson broke the baseball color barrier when he signed a contract with the Brooklyn Dodgers.