Today is Tuesday Oct. 29, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another chilly fall day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 48. Tonight should be increasingly cloudy, with a low around 32. (sunrise, 7:13 a.m.; high tide, 7:37 a.m.; low tide, 1:40 p.m.; sunset, 5:40 p.m.)
2. Any Team Angie fans out there? The City of Salem announced Monday that Angie Miller will perform during a free concert on Salem Common Thursday night. The concert is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and Angie will take the stage at 8 p.m. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Salem Police Department issued a press release Monday announcing this year's official trick-or-treat hours. Expect trick-or-treaters from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Click Here to review a handy list of Halloween safety tips.
4. Here's some good news for those of you looking for an update in the tragic 'Puppy Doe' case that has been in the news the last few months. The investigation on who tortured the Pit Bull mix known as "Puppy Doe" has taken a significant turn. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 29, 1998, Space Shuttle Discovery blasted off with 77-year-old John Glenn on board, making him the oldest person to go into space.