Today is Friday, Oct. 25, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another chilly day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 51. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 35. (sunrise, 7:08 a.m.; low tide, 10:04 a.m.; high tide, 4:19 p.m.; sunset, 5:45 p.m.)
2. The city of Salem issued a press release Thursday announcing this year's Halloween road closures. Click Here to view the complete list, which is subject to change based on conditions, crowd size and other public safety factors.
3. Looking for something fun to do tonight? The Harry Potter Halloween Ball will be held at Salem's Knights of Columbus Hall beginning at 8 p.m. Not a Harry Potter fan? Click Here to check out our list of this weekend's Haunted Happenings events.
4. A frost advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service for early this morning, meaning the 2013 growing season will likely come to an end in Salem.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 25, 1944, the Battle of Leyte Gulf took place in an around the Philippines. It was the largest naval battle in history.