Today is Tuesday, Nov. 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 38. (sunrise, 6:22 a.m.; high tide, 11:55 a.m.; sunset, 4:31 p.m.; low tide, 6:17 p.m.)
2. Don't forget to vote in today's election! If you're wondering where to vote, Click Here for a handy guide to today's election. We will publish the results as they are posted tonight.
3. The Salem Recycling Committee will meet tonight at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding an upcoming textiles drive, according to the posted agenda.
4. Salem High School's Bertram Field will be rededicated and reopened before the Witches football game Friday night. The rededication ceremony is set to begin at 6 p.m. and kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Click Here to see recent photos of the field.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 5, 1605, Guy Fawkes was arrested during the infamous Gunpowder Plot to blow up the House of Lords in England.