Salem Police Respond to Report of Rabid Skunk
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Jan. 30:
- At 4:26 p.m., police responded to a report of kids playing on the ice on Grove Street.
- At 4:30 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Jackson Street. A motorist reportedly backed into a gas pump.
- At 4:50 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Canal Street. Stacey M. Gagnon, 25, of 12 Cedarcrest Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and illegal possession of a class A and B substance.
- At 5:28 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered on Federal Street.
- At 6:29 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Harbor Street. Eric R. Hernandez, 20, of 44 Norton St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation a motor vehicle.
- At 7:02 p.m., police responded to a report of two kids damaging the ice rink on Salem Common. The kids were spoken to and agreed to leave the area.
- At 7:32 p.m., police responded to a report of a man trying to open the trunk of a motor vehicle with a screwdriver. Responding officers determined the man was just trying to fix one of his lights.
- At 7:53 p.m., police responded to 8A Herbert Street for a reported domestic dispute. Isaiah R. Gomez, 25, of 8A Herbert St., Salem, was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property valued above $250 and assault and battery.
- At 8:51 p.m., police responded to a smell of electrical burning at Salem Beer Works. Members of the Salem Fire Department cleared the building.
- At 9:23 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic assault and battery on Leach Street.
- At 9:31 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Boston Street. A woman told police her boyfriend choked her kitten and threatened to throw it against a wall. Pershing B. Reid III, 30, of 81 Boston St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery, intimidating a witness and cruelty to animals.
Thursday, Jan. 31:
- At 3:18 a.m., police received word that the Salem State Police Department had made an arrest. Donatus, I. Ihebom, 20, of 78 Joppa St., Paxton, was arrested on two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and tow counts of criminal harassment.
- At 3:21 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Lafayette Street. A warrant will be issued for Miguel A. Villafane on charges of domestic assault and battery, assault with a dangerous weapon (knife) and attempted murder by strangulation.
- At 4:35 a.m., police responded to a report of wires down at the intersection of Essex and Washington streets.
- At 6:31 a.m., police responded to a report of a tree limb in the street at the intersection of North and Nursery streets.
- At 8:19 a.m., a man called police to report that his vehicle was broken into while parked on Pingree Street and a radio was stolen.
- At 8:54 a.m., police responded to a report of a possibly rabid skunk at the intersection of Webb and Cousins streets.
- At 9:33 a.m., police responded to a report of a past shoplifting incident at Walmart.
- At 9:50 a.m., police arrested a man on Lynde Street. Christopher L. Bonilla, 24, of 15 Lynde St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:22 a.m., police responded to a report of a tree in the roadway at the intersection of North and Oakland streets.
- At 10:22 a.m., police responded to a report of a tree in the roadway on Memorial Drive.
- At 10:35 a.m., an employee at Busa Wine and Spirits called police to report that someone paid for items with a counterfeit $10 bill sometime Wednesday night.
- At 11:39 a.m., police arrested a man on Canal Street. Daniel Wright Jr. was arrested for possessing a class A substance (heroin).
- At 3:15 p.m., police responded to a report of a coyote in the street on Hayes Road.
Carl E. Fuller III, 26, of 68 Butler St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of domestic assault and battery and intimidating a witness.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.