Trash Fire Extinguished on Endicott Street
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, March 5:
- At 1:31 p.m., police responded to a dispute between a landlord and tenant on Geneva Street.
- At 1:57 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Boston Street.
- At 2:47 p.m., police arrested an alleged fugitive from justice on Canal Street after a brief pursuit. Click Here for our full story.
- At 6:49 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk woman who would not leave an apartment on Heritage Drive. The woman was reportedly placed into protective custody.
- At 8:18 p.m., a Federal Street resident called police to report seeing a suspicious man in his driveway.
- At 9:34 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Bridge Street.
Wednesday, March 6:
- At 12:50 a.m., police and fire units responded to a reported trash fire on Endicott Street. The fire was put out with a fire extinguisher.
- At 9:34 a.m., a woman on Boston Street called police to report that a Playstation console, prescription medication and perfume was stolen from her room.
- At 10:24 a.m., police responded to a reported theft on Loring Avenue.
- At 1:12 p.m., a local man called police to report that someone had thrown a brick through the window of his car sometime overnight.
- At 2:08 p.m., a Bryant Street woman called police to report that her son, who she kicked out of the house, had taken out a $500 loan using her bank information.
- At 2:32 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported fire on the roof of a building on Highland Avenue. Responding firefighters determined the smell was caused by a burnt out motor on the roof.
- At 2:45 p.m., police responded to a report of people loitering at the Museum Place Mall. John J. Lapointe, 54, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on a charge of trespassing.
- At 4:55 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Loring Avenue.
- At 5:57 p.m., police responded to a report of a past larceny on Washington Street.
- At 6:21 p.m., police responded to a report of damage to a gas pump on North Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.