Trash Dumper Cleans Beach As Apology
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Feb. 4
- A person was reported dumping trash over the seawall on Conners Road at 4:04 p.m. Police were able to locate the man, who admitted he had thrown trash and several plastic cups over the wall without thinking about where they'd end up. The man agreed to return to the beach area and do some extra beach cleaning for the neighbors of Conners Road, as well as write a letter of apology to the neighbors.
- At 4:09 p.m. police arrested Steven Shutzer, 54, of 56 Margin Way, on warrant charges.
- Police arrested Arthur Huffman, a fugitive from Texas who also was wanted in connection to an attack in New Hampshire, at 4:26 p.m.
- At 6:32 p.m. police were called to Target on report of a possible shoplifter. Police arrested Sean Slattery, 40, of 10 Harvard Ave. in Saugus, on charges of attempting to commit a crime, malicious destruction of property over $250, and two warrant charges. A second man, Dustin Holmes, 23, of 20 Peach St. in Lynn, was arrested on warrant charges.
- A neighbor dispute was reported on Loring Avenue at 8:30 p.m.
- A neighbor dispute was reported on Highland Avenue at 9:27 p.m.
- At 8:56 p.m. police were called to Webb Street on report of someone parking in a driveway that the homeowners did not give permission to. Police were able to find the owner, who was visiting a home nearby on Webb Street, and she told police she thought her friend had said to park in that driveway. She moved the car without incident.
- A possible domestic dispute was reported on Pierce Avenue at 10:37 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 5
- A larceny was reported in apartment on Loring Avenue at 5:15 a.m.
- A four-vehicle accident was reported on Loring Avenue at 9:42 a.m. Two of the four cars reportedly fled the scene.
- Police responded to Fairfield Street at 10:36 a.m. on report of a hypodermic needle found near some trees.
- Police responded to Boston Street at 12:58 p.m. on report of a home damaged due to falling bricks.
- Police were called to a domestic dispute on Prince Street at 1:10 p.m. Police arrested Edgar Almonte, of 15 Prince St., on charges of domestic assault and malicious destruction of property over $250.
- Shoplifters were reported at Walgreens on New Derby Street at 1:38 p.m.
- Police were called to the intersection of Washington and Canal Street at 2:26 p.m. on report of a suspicious man taking pictures of plates. When police arrived there was no one in the area.
- Police were called to the area of Webb Street at 3:21 p.m. on report of a person observing two individuals in a truck possibly injecting drugs. Police said the truck was gone on their arrival.