Drunk Driving Arrest at Salem Day Care Center
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Jan. 17:
- At 4:10 p.m., police responded to a report of a loud parent with a child at Target on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to Hawthorne Blvd. after receiving word that some youths were possibly smoking marijuana on a bus.
- At 4:56 p.m., police responded to a reported break-in at a home on English Street. Responding officers determined the suspected burglar was just the homeowner taking out their trash.
- At 6:39 p.m., a man entered the police station to report being threatened.
- At 7:20 p.m., police responded to a reported grease fire on Mason Street.
- At 7:59 p.m., a Harbor Street woman called police to report that a package delivered to her house was torn open and the contents were missing.
- At 9:51 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic assault and battery on Green Street.
- At 10:21 p.m., police responded to a reported fight on Loring Avenue.
Friday, Jan. 18:
- At 12:40 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Fort Avenue.
- At 1:15 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Derby and Central streets. Judson W. Meyers, 26, of 3 Hull St., Wenham, was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 4:51 a.m., police and fire units responded to a fire alarm on Perkins Street.
- At 7:52 a.m., police and fire units responded to a reported chimney fire on Linden Street.
- At 8:00 a.m., hypodermic needles were discovered on Highland Avenue.
- At 12:08 p.m., police made an arrest on Palmer Street.
- At 2:01 p.m., police responded to Kiddie Koop Child Care Center on Foster Street after receiving word that a man there was trying to pick up his daughter while drunk. Thomas W. Gallant, 46, of 4 Montvale Ave., Stoneham, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense.
- At 2:41 p.m., a Federal Street man called police to report that his ex-girlfriend threatened to stab him with a knife. A summons will be issued for her arrest on a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon (knife).
- At 2:58 p.m.,police responded to a disturbance on Essex Street.
- At 3:03 p.m., police responded to the Walgreens on Boston Street for a report of a past shoplifting. The shoplifter reportedly fled the store before police arrived.
- At 3:23 p.m., police and fire units responded to a fire alarm on Lee Fort Terrace.
- At 3:53 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Washington Street. Hollie A. Innis, 45, of 11 Lyman St., Beverly, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class B substance (crack cocaine).
Jose A. Oliviera, 26, of 21 Salem St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class A substance.
Peter G. Sanford, 49, of 23 Green St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.