Stolen Car Used During Robbery at Salem Pep Boys
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Saturday, Feb. 9:
- At 6:05 p.m., police responded to a report of people pushing snow into the street on Winthrop Street.
- At 6:46 p.m., police responded to a report of people pushing snow into the street near the intersection of Essex Street and Washington Square.
- At 6:54 p.m., the DPW was called to clear a large snow bank that was blocking the egress at the intersection of Essex and North Pine streets.
- At 7:55 p.m., a Gallows Hill Road resident called police to complain about a plow driver who had just buried a fire hydrant that she spent an hour digging out.
- At 9:02 p.m., police responded to a reported disturbance in the lobby of The Waterfront Hotel.
Sunday, Feb. 10:
- At 12:20 a.m., police responded to a report of people jumping off of a porch into the snow on Ocean Avenue.
- At 4:40 a.m., a man known to have outstanding warrants was seen walking near the Hess gas station on Derby Street. Sean N. Collado, 21, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for having five outstanding warrants.
- At 6:15 a.m., a bag containing three hypodermic needles was turned over to police at Lifebridge.
- At 6:33 a.m., police responded to a neighbor dispute between neighbors on Chase Street.
- At 8:25 a.m., police assisted a man in a wheelchair on Pope Street who had become stuck in the snow. An ambulance was called to the scene to take the man home.
- At 8:50 a.m., police responded to a report of lawn damage on School Street.
- At 9:12 a.m., police responded to a dispute over money at the intersection of Canal and Ropes streets.
Christina's Pizza Robbed
- At 10:06 a.m., police responded to a report of past break-in at Christina's Pizza on Lafayette Street. The owner of the business reportedly told police that an undisclosed amount of money had gone missing from the shop's cash register. There were no signs of forced entry.
- At 10:17 a.m., police responded to a dispute over snow at the intersection of Essex and Washington streets.
- At 10:36 a.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors on Boston Street.
- At 11:38 a.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors on Porter Street.
Robbery at Salem Pep Boys
- At 11:59 a.m., police responded to a break-in at Pep Boys Auto Store on Highland Avenue. An employee told police that he found a door open and observed a man running tires from the business to a waiting motor vehicle. A police query of the suspect vehicle showed that it was stolen out of Beverly on Jan. 23. Members of the Lynn, Marblehead and Peabody police departments were notified to be on the look out for a bronze 2006 Nissan Altima. The stolen tires were reportedly valued at $400.
- At 12:24 p.m., police responded to a report of a man walking in the street on Swampscott Road. Police were unable to locate anyone in the area.
- At 4:07 p.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting on New Derby Street. A no trespass order was issued.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.