Salem Police Return Ornaments to City Christmas Tree
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a nexcerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Dec. 24:
- At 4:55 p.m., police responded to Orne Sqaure for a report of a "partially-deceased raccoon." The raccoon was placed in a box and transported to the DPW where it was disposed of properly.
- At 7:50 p.m., a woman entered the police station to report that her wallet was stolen out of her car while it was parked on Lafayette Street. The woman also said $300 had been withdrawn from her account.
- At 9:50 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Crombie Street.
- At 10:31 p.m., police stopped a group of people on the Essex Street mall near the Peabody Essex Museum. They reportedly told police that the man "causing a problem at Lappin Park" was unknown to them. Two plastic Christmas decorations were recovered and returned to the city Christmas tree and the group was sent on their way without incident.
- At 11:39 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Marlborough Road.
Tuesday, Dec. 25:
- At 1:29 a.m., police responded to a loud party on Boston Street.
- At 1:53 a.m., a woman entered the police station to report that her car was broken into while parked on Garden Terrace.
- At 3:23 a.m., police responded to Cherry Street for a report of a fight between neighbors.
- At 5:13 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Bridge and Carpenter streets. A vehicle reportedly struck a utility pole - there were no reported injuries.
- At 8:30 a.m., police responded to a report of a woman yelling in the hallway of an apartment building on Bridge Street.
- At 9:37 a.m., police responded to a report of a motor vehicle "speeding and sliding in the snow" on Winter Island Road.
- At 10:55 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Harbor Street.
- At 11:03 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Leavitt Street.
- At 1:31 p.m., a Mason Street man called police to report that he had video footage of a woman stealing a package containing a birdcage off of his front porch.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.