Assault With a Lit Cigarette on Margin Street
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Feb. 1:
- At 4:17 p.m., police responded to a reported vehicle break-in on Chandler Street.
- At 4:32 p.m., police responded to Lafayette Street for a report of a suspicious check that had been used in an attempt to pay for rent.
- At 4:38 p.m., police responded to a reported assault on at Lifebridge on Margin Street. After a brief investigation, Eileen Conley-Cabrera, 49, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon (lit cigarette), resisting arrest and for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 4:42 p.m., police responded to a report of "kids ruining the ice rink" at Salem Common.
- At 5:35 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported oven fire on Flint Street. The fire was quickly extinguished.
- At 5:40 p.m., a tan dog with a collar but no leash was found on Bridge Street. The dog was reportedly transported to the Northeast Animal Shelter.
- At 9:38 p.m., police responded to a reported fight in an apartment on Heritage Drive. A father and son told police they were just wrestling.
- At 11:05 p.m., police responded to a reported fight at Murphy's on Derby Street. Stephen A. Caisse, 20, of 18 Rantoul Ave., Lynn, was arrested on charges of possessing an illegal knife and using a fake ID.
Saturday, Feb. 2:
- At 1:03 a.m., police responded to a reported larceny at the Moose Club on Grove Street. A woman said her purse and jacket were stolen off of a coat-hook at the club and surveillance footage reportedly showed a man steal the purse and walk out of the club with it. Randy T. Niswander, 24, of 28 Silver St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of larceny.
- At 1:58 a.m., the Salem State University Police made an arrest after a man reportedly damaged a sign outside the SSU PD building and was being loud. Andy Soares, 19, of 19 Rogers St., New Bedford, was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property valued under $250 and disorderly conduct.
- At 3:15 a.m., police responded to a reported fight in the street on Boston Street. Responding officers were unable to locate anyone fighting.
- At 9:01 a.m., police responded to a report of vandalism at a dentist office on Essex Street. A back door was reportedly spraypainted overnight.
- At 11:08 a.m., police responded to a dispute on Loring Avenue.
- At 11:17 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Hancock Street. Peter J. Vitello, 59, of 43 Hancock St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense.
- At 12:54 p.m., police responded to a cooking fire on Peabody Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.