Police Respond to Reported Pit Bull Bite
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, March 12:
- At 5:02 p.m., police received word that a possibly rabid skunk had been spotted on Calumet Lane.
- At 5:15 p.m., police responded to a reported fight at the Market Basket on Highland Avenue.
- At 6:02 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on a woman found sleeping in a motor vehicle at the intersection of Hazel Street and Ocean Avenue.
- At 8:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a dog bite on First Street. A man told police he was bit on the leg by an unleashed pit bull while walking into his building. The owner of the dog was spoken to by police.
- At 9:13 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Barton Street. Albert Figueroa, 50, of 33 East Road, Atkinson, N.H., was arrested on a charge of domestic assault and battery.
Wednesday, March 13:
- At 9:07 a.m., police responded to a report of elder fraud on Beacon Street.
- At 9:35 a.m., police responded to a report of a capsized boat in Salem Harbor. The man was later transported to the hospital to be treated for exposure. Click Here for our full story.
- At 1:19 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Lafayette Street.
- At 1:25 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Leavitt Street.
- At 2:00 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Pickering Wharf.
- At 4:03 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious woman on America Way.
- At 4:03 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on a man laying out on Norman Street. The man told police he was fine, just sitting in the sun.
- At 4:16 p.m., police responded to a report of a damaged fence on Hancock Street.
- At 4:24 p.m., police responded to a reported shoplifting incident on Highland Avenue.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.