Marijuana Seized Near Peabody Essex Museum
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Nov. 21:
- At 4:16 p.m., two men entered the police station to report that their wallets were stolen while they were getting tattooed at The Purple Scorpion on Derby Street.
- At 4:38 p.m., a woman called police to report that her miniature poodle was attacked by a larger dog. The owner of the attacking dog agreed to pay the miniature poodle's owner's $1,300 veterinarian bill.
- At 5:01 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle for making an illegal left turn at the intersection of Essex and North streets. Julio A. Ramirez, 30, of 82 Grant St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 5:22 p.m., police responded to a report of a man sleeping in a motor vehicle parked in the Walgreens parking lot on Boston Street.
- At 6:14 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered at the intersection of Flint and Chestnut streets. The needle was taken and properly disposed of.
- At 7:17 p.m., police responded to a reported purse-snatching on Margin Street. A man in Steve's Market told police he put his wallet down on the counter while paying for something and it was gone a second later.
- At 10:22 p.m., police responded to a reported disturbance at Rockafellas at the intersection of Essex and Washington streets.
- At 10:52 p.m., police responded to a reported disturbance at Murphy's on Derby Street. An intoxicated man was later placed into protective custody.
- At 11:25 p.m., police responded to a report of underage drinking on Bridge Street.
Thursday, Nov. 22:
- At 12:52 a.m., a Pickman Street resident called police to report that a section of her fence had been kicked over sometime overnight.
- At 1:09 a.m., police responded to a reported assault on Bridge Street. William C. Koulouris, 27, of 26 Gregg St., Beverly was arrested on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (shod foot).
- At 1:24 a.m., police responded to a reported fight outside of the Dunkin' Donuts on Washington Street.
- At 1:39 a.m., an employee at Sidelines Sports Grill on Canal Street called police to report that two of her tires had been slashed.
- At 6:24 a.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man on Lafayette Street. A man was reportedly found "kneeling down on the ground and against the door" to a building on Lafayette Street. The man was placed into protective custody.
- At 10:59 a.m., police received word that two people wanted in a child abuse case might have been seen in the area. Click Here for our full story.
- At 1:17 p.m., police responded to a report of a man causing a disturbance at the Hawthorne Hotel.
- At 5:03 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm at Salem High School.
- At 9:36 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity in the parking lot adjacent to the Peabody Essex Museum. Marijuana was seized and a woman was issued a ticket for possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.
Friday, Nov. 23:
- At 1:56 a.m., police responded to a disturbance on Lafayette Street. Miguel Hernandez, 27, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disturbing the peace.
- At 8:46 a.m., a resident called police to report that two aluminum strips had been stolen off of the roof of her Ford Fusion while parked on Skerry Street.
- At 10:58 a.m., a Prescott Street man called police to report that someone had just tried to steal several ladders out of his backyard. A man told police that his wife noticed someone leaving their backyard with a 20-foot ladder and said he was able to run the suspect down. The suspect reportedly fled the area after a physical altercation and police were unable to locate anyone matching the description that was given.
- At 11:10 a.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting on Traders Way. A woman reportedly tried to steal $88 worth of merchandise and will be summonsed to court on a charge of shoplifting.
- At 1:20 p.m., a Lafayette Street resident called police to report that he found a jewelry box on his front porch.
- At 2:54 p.m., a man called police to report that someone stole his wallet and cell phone from his jacket while he was eating at The Salem Diner.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.