Salem Police Make 15 Weekend Arrests
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Nov. 30:
- At 4:17 p.m., police responded to a disturbance at the dog park on Commercial Street. A man there said another man tried to kick his dog.
- At 4:42 p.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting at Market Basket in Salem. Three juveniles were reportedly arrested.
- At 5:02 p.m., a resident entered the police station with a hypodermic needle they discovered on Cedar Street.
- At 6:23 p.m., police responded to a report of an intoxicated man in the emergency room at Salem Hospital. The man was placed into protective custody.
- At 6:25 p.m., police assisted with transporting a cat that was struck on Webb Street to a veterinary hospital.
- At 7:37 p.m., police were alerted to a white and black dog found on Congress Street without any tags. The Animal Control Officer reportedly took custody of the dog.
- At 7:50 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Church Street.
- At 9:01 p.m., Jennifer A. Valle, 39, of 11 Access Road, Beverly, turned herself in and was arrested for having four outstanding warrants.
- At 9:40 p.m., police responded to the intersection of Highland Avenue and First Street for a report of an accident involving a motor vehicle and a cyclist.
- At 11:04 p.m., police received word that the front window of the North Shore Career Center on Washington Street, valued at $2,000, had just been smashed out.
- At 11:24 p.m., police reportedly saw two men assaulting another man at the intersection of Washington and Federal streets. Andrew R. Masjoan, 21, of 302 Manor Road, Beverly was arrested on charges of assault and battery and disorderly conduct. Francis J. Mosher, 22, of 13 Bryant St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery and disorderly conduct.
Saturday, Dec. 1:
- At 12:15 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Cedar Street. Felix Gutierrez was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 2:02 a.m., a resident called police to report that a drunk man had just gotten into a Ford Ranger on Dow Street. Johnny E. Bush, 31, of 109 Congress St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 3:34 a.m., a snow-blower was discovered on First Street in Salem.
- At 7:43 a.m., a Webb Street man called police to report that his snow-blower was stolen overnight.
- At 10:48 a.m., police were dispatched to 160 Essex St. to check on two people sitting on a bench drinking from a paper bag. John N. Callahan, 45, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and two counts of assault and battery on a police officer.
- At 7:24 p.m., a motorist reportedly drove away from the Hess Station on North Street without paying for $34.12 in gasoline.
- At 10:25 p.m., the owner of Congress Street Market called police to report that kids were throwing snowballs at his store and "one of them also opened the store door and threw one inside."
- At 11:32 p.m., a man was reportedly found passed out in a running car that was still in drive at the intersection of Dundee and Sutton streets. The man was reportedly turned over to Peabody police officers. Andre Wesley was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
Sunday, Dec. 2:
- At 1:06 a.m., police responded to a report of two suspicious motor vehicles in a parking lot on Lafayette Street.
- At 9:34 a.m., police responded to a report of a rabid raccoon on Hazel Street.
- At 12:19 p.m., police responded to an alleged shoplifting incident at the CVS on Essex Street. Joseph Yanizze was arrested on charges of shoplifting merchandise by concealment, subsequent offense and receiving stolen property valued above $250. Michelle Dauwer was arrested on a charge of shoplifting merchandise by concealment, subsequent offense.
Katlin Armstrong, 22, of 38 Boston St., Salem was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
Kristen Marie Bell, 31, of 812 Boston St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of larceny of property valued above $250.
David J. Conley, 22, of 38 Beaver St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
Jeramie D. Crane, 26, of 2 Washington St., Peabody, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
Paul L. Levasseur, 61, of 71 Harwood St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of larceny of property valued above $250 and for having an outstanding warrant.
Ronald Webster Jr., 38, of 21 Caller St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of larceny of property valued above $250 and disturbing the peace.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.