Salem Police Charge Lynn Man With Trafficking Oxycodone
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Jan. 6:
- At 4:39 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Frederick Street.
- At 5:34 p.m., police responded to a reported water main break on Broad Street.
- At 6:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious motor vehicle on Federal Street.
- At 6:25 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Perkins Street. Angel G. Maldonado, 55, of 32 Perkins St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 6:26 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on West Avenue.
- At 7:17 p.m., police responded to a report of "loud banging" on Charter Street.
- At 7:29 p.m., a woman called police to report that her credit card went missing after she accidentally left it on the bar at Sidelines Sports Bar & Grille.
- At 9:35 p.m., police responded to a suspicious motor vehicle in a parking lot on North Street. William A. Brooks, 24, 111 Emerald Drive, Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 11:40 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Read Street. The driver, according to scanner reports, fled the area on foot. Glenys J. Calix, 32, of 135 Curwin Circle, Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
Monday, Jan. 7:
- At 12:03 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Loring Avenue.
- At 12:59 a.m., a woman called police to report that someone broke into her storage unit on Prince Street.
- At 8:18 a.m., police responded to a reported coyote sighting on Frederick Street. An officer reportedly "walked school grounds" and didn't see anything.
- At 9:06 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Rainbow Terrace.
- At 10:03 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Highland Avenue. Troy L. Brewer, 45, of 58 Valley St., Everett, was arrested on charges of operating an unregistered motor vehicle, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license, subsequent offense.
- At 11:06 a.m., a man entered the police station to report that his medicate either went missing or was stolen. The man said he needed to file a police report in order to get replacement medication from his doctor.
- At 11:30 a.m., police responded to a report of a dead dog discovered on Dead Horse Beach. It is believed the dog found on the beach was the same dog that was struck by an MBTA train. The owner was notified by the animal control officer.
- At 12:34 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that they recently lost their credit card.
- At 12:59 p.m., a man called police to report that his car was keyed while parked on First Street.
- At 1:05 p.m., a man called police to report that someone broke into his office on Congress Street by prying open the door. The man said desks were entered.
- At 1:40 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Sargent Street. Jose M. Cepeda, 21, of 145 Summit St., Peabody, was arrested for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 4:26 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Beaver Street.
Jonathan Legault, 36, of 280 Chestnut St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of trafficking a Class A substance (oxycodone).
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.