Salem Police Bust Nets Heroin, Cocaine
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Dec. 20:
- At 4:33 p.m., police stopped a motorist on Harbor Street "after a one month investigation into the illegal sale of heroin."
- At 4:34 p.m., a search warrant was executed at 34 Prince St., apt. 3. Juan B. Delarosa, 26, of 34 Prince St., Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, trafficking heroin over 36 grams, possessing a class B substance (cocaine) with intent to distribute, subsequent offense, possessing a class B substance (cocaine) with intent to distribute near a park, illegal possession of a large capacity firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition.
- At 5:00 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Margin Street.
- At 5:40 p.m., police received word that a violin was found on Congress Street.
- At 6:01 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that someone "deeply keyed" his car while it was parked on Bridge Street.
- At 9:01 p.m., police responded to a reported assault and battery on Florence Street. Joshua A. Smith, 23, of 271 Jefferson Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, domestic assault and threatening to commit a crime. Krysta Ferrier was also arrested on charges of domestic assault and assault and battery.
Friday Dec. 21:
- At 1:06 a.m., police responded to a report of people yelling on First Street.
- At 1:46 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Mansell's Parkway.
- At 6:09 a.m., a West Avenue resident called police to report a suspicious man knocking on windows.
- Ar 6:37 a.m., police responded to Starbucks on Washington Street after receiving word that a man outside was yelling at people passing by not to go to Starbucks because they have an "elevated superior complex." The man was sent on his way.
- At 11:26 p.m., police responded to a report of a shopping cart in the roadway on Highland Avenue.
- At 12:39 p.m., a Washington Square East woman called police to report that her credit card was fraudulently used by a Saudi Arabian cosmetic company for $400.05.
- At 2:02 p.m., police responded to a report of a tree down at the intersection of Kernwood and Sargent streets.
- Kiara M. Ravelo, 20, of 15 Palmer St., Salem, was arrested for violating an abuse prevention order.
- Luis F. Marques, 25, of 127 Canal St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- Paul C. McBurney, 23, of 9 Westledge Road, Marblehead, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- Brendan M. McDonough, 23, of 85 Archer St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.