OUI Arrest Following Sargent Street Crash
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Feb. 19:
- At 4:22 p.m., police responded to Lynde Street for a report of a past break-in. A man told police sometime between Sunday and Tuesday someone broke into his father's apartment and stole a 26" television set.
- At 5:32 p.m., police received a complaint about two large potholes on Derby Street.
- At 5:43 p.m., police responded to a past break-in on Bridge Street.
- At 5:46 p.m., a Barstow Street woman called police to report that one of her neighbors told her he was going to kill her.
- At 6:15 p.m., police responded to a reported road rage incident outside of the Salem Taco Bell.
- At 7:47 p.m., a Tremont Street woman called police to report that a silver metal box filled with jewelry had gone missing sometime over the last few months.
- At 7:50 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries at the intersection of Kernwood and Sargent streets. A vehicle reportedly left the roadway before hitting a snowbank, 30 feet of wooden fence and a telephone pole. Lisa Vindhina was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 8:24 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a telephone pole burning on Grove Street.
- At 8:30 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Norman Street.
- At 9:55 p.m., police responded to a reported assault at Lifebridge on Margin Street.
- At 10:04 p.m., police located a man on Margin Street known to have an outstanding warrant. Dana A. Dinsmore, 53, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:40 p.m., police responded to the area of the Village Tavern after receiving word that someone just walked out on a tab. Melissa J. Cote, 25, of 14 Gardner St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of defrauding an innkeeper and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:20 p.m., police responded to Salem Hospital to take a report of a past assault and battery on a medical worker.
- At 11:36 p.m., police responded to a report of a past assault on Palmer Street. Patrick J. Devine, 24, of 30 Tucker St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, intimidating a witness, malicious destruction of property valued above $250, larceny of property valued above $250 and threatening to commit a crime.
Wednesday, Feb. 20:
- At 6:15 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Margin and Gedney streets. Elvis F. Brito, 41, of 14 Dana St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense.
- At 7:24 a.m., police responded to a reported assault on Essex Street.
- At 8:17 a.m., police located a man on Langdon Street known to have an outstanding warrant. Robert B. Soden, 45, of 98 Cook St., Lynn, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:41 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Charter Street.
- At 10:36 a.m., a man called police to report that his backpack was stolen while he was shopping at the Army Barracks.
- At 12:09 p.m., police and fire units responded to a stove fire on Church Street. The fire was quickly extinguished.
- At 1:57 p.m., police responded to a reported assault on Jefferson Avenue.
- At 2:27 p.m., police assisted members of the Peabody Police Department with locating a man on Becket Street. Austin L. Lane, 25, of 181 Hamilton Ave., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 3:02 p.m., police responded to a report of a young man causing a disturbance on Leach Street.
- At 3:36 p.m., police responded to a reported shoplifting incident at Family Dollar on Canal Street. A woman was reportedly caught stealing laundry detergent and was issued a no trespass order.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.