Salem Police Find Woman Sleeping in Running Car
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Dec. 26:
- At 6:24 p.m., police responded to a three-vehicle accident in parking lot of the Walmart on Highland Avenue.
- At 6:38 p.m., police received word that a local property was fraudulently listed online.
- At 7:26 p.m., police responded to a two-vehicle accident on Jefferson Avenue with injuries.
- At 8:13 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on West Avenue.
- At 8:56 p.m., police and fire units responded to a fire alarm sounding inside a home on Albion Street.
- At 9:33 p.m., a High Street resident called police to report a stolen ring.
- At 9:55 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Margin Street.
- At 9:58 p.m., police removed a tarp from the road on Woodside Street.
- At 10:37 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Essex Street.
- At 10:55 p.m., a man called police to report that two people he had brought to the shelter to stay the night were refusing to get out of his car.
- At 11:15 p.m., police received word that a several vending machines were broken into at a laundromat on North Street.
Thursday, Dec. 27:
- At 12:15 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Hawthorne Boulevard.
- At 12:20 a.m., police check on a woman who was found sleeping in a running car on Washington Street. The woman was woken up and moved along without incident.
- At 1:38 a.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Loring Avenue.
- At 2:12 a.m., police responded to a report of a fight inside an apartment on Boston Street.
- At 7:16 a.m., police received word that the maintenance shed at the Greenlawn Cemetery was broken into sometime Wednesday.
- At 10:30 a.m., police responded to the Highland Avenue CVS after receiving word that a man had just tried to pass a fake prescription for Oxycodone.
- At 11:04 a.m., a Bow Street woman called police to report that a woman shouted profanities outside of her home on Christmas morning.
- At 11:32 a.m., police received word that door was stolen off of a Bobcat on Circle Hill Road. The door was reportedly valued at $1,200.
- At 1:03 p.m., police served a summons on Butler Street.
- At 1:44 p.m., police responded to a report of wires down on Cedar Street.
- At 2:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a woman flagging down cars on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a loose dog on Meadow Street.
- At 4:14 p.m., police received word that three hypodermic needles were picked up in the McDonalds parking lot.
- At 4:30 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Pickman Street.
- At 5:49 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Silver Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.