Lynn Man Charged With 3rd OUI in Salem
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Jan. 23:
- At 4:44 p.m., police reportedly noticed that the rear window of a vehicle parked on Leavitt Street had been smashed out.
- At 4:51 p.m., police and fire units responded to a fire alarm on Lafayette Street. Firefighters reportedly determined that the fire was caused by a hair dryer that overheated inside a nearby beauty salon.
- At 5:39 p.m., a Lafayette Street resident called police to report hearing a dog barking outside for three hours in 15-degree temperature. Responding officers reportedly found a short-haired Weimaraner tied to a rope in the backyard. When the owner arrived, they were notified that a summons could be issued for a cruelty to animals violation. A follow-up visit will be made and the dog was let into the house for the night.
- At 5:39 p.m., a Harbor Street resident called police to report that his car had been egged sometime overnight.
- At 7:08 p.m., police responded to a report of a damaged motor vehicle on Heritage Drive.
- At 7:25 p.m., police responded to a report of an unattended dog in a motor vehicle at the intersection of Salem and Chase streets.
- At 8:26 p.m., members of the Salem State Police Department brought in a man they placed under arrest on Lafayette Street. Timothy S. Howe, 30, of 290 Chestnut St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, third offense and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 9:21 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic dispute at the Shaw's on Traders Way.
- At 10:56 p.m., police responded to a taxi complaint on Margin Street.
Thursday, Jan. 24:
- At 1:13 a.m., an Essex Street man called police to report that the heat wasn't working in his apartment and he was worried by the low temperatures.
- At 2:46 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Loring Avenue and Rainbow Terrace. Jill Pena-Contreras, 39, of 6 McTewall Drive, Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense and illegally possessing a class E substance (prescription medication).
- At 6:24 a.m., police responded to a report of a possible fire in a basement on Leach Street. Firefighters did not find a fire at that location.
- At 7:07 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Lafayette Street.
- At 7:34 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of North Street and Cressey Avenue.
- At 10:26 a.m., a Beach Avenue man called police to report that he had recently been scammed out of $1,983.
- At 11:09 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of First Street and Trader's Way.
- At 11:19 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Highland Avenue and Mooney Road.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.