New Year's Eve in Salem
Local restaurants and clubs offering special menus, live bands, comedy, and more!
To help you plan your New Year's Eve celebrations for 2011, here is a list of what's happening in and around Salem. Reservations are strongly recommended at many restaurants. Some are already sold out. Get planning now!
NYE 2011 (alphabetical order)
- 62 Restaurant & Wine has a special NYE menu — $60 per person or $80 per person with optional wine pairing. Reservations required.
- Adriatic Restaurant is open with a regular menu until 12:30 p.m. A champagne toast is scheduled for midnight.
- Capt's has a special dinner menu — three courses for $25 or four courses for $30. Includes a complimentary champagne toast at the start of dinner or with dessert and at midnight.
- Finz — Ring in the New Year with The Mystics. Finz is offering their chef's special menu in addition to a complimentary midnight champagne toast.
- Grape Vine Restaurant has a special NYE menu. Reservations are recommended. The kitchen is open until 10:30 p.m. Bar open past midnight.
- Great Escape Restaurant is doing a special menu. Reservations are recommended for parties over four. Complimentary midnight toast.
- Green Land Café — New Year's Eve prix fixe menu is $85 per person. Live music from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. with Henry Allen and the New Swingset, playing Bossa Nova /Jazz/Swing.
- Hawthorne Hotel (Nathaniel's and Sophia's) From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. an elegant four-course, prefixed dinner will be offered. Reservations strongly recommended. Live Jazz music (no dancing). Price is $85 per person.
- In a Pigs Eye is already sold out for their NYE Festivities Soul Force Five with Henley Douglas, Jr.
- Lyceum — There will be a live band at 9 p.m., Psychedelic Relics, and a limited special menu for dinner.
- There will be a New Year's Eve Comedy Show at Oniontown Grille in Danvers, with national headliner – and Salem's own – Mark Scalia. Also featured that night will be Joe Espinola; 2010 Boston Comedy Festival Finalist Matt D.; and 2010 Witch City Comedy Festival winner Chris Dimitrakopoulos. To make a reservation, visit: http://scampscomedy.com/archives/402, or stop by Oniontown Grille to pick up your tickets in advance.
- Rockafellas dinner menu is $65 per person. Two floors will be open for dancing, including a new upstairs ballroom ($25 per person) including a champagne toast.
- Strega tickets are $50 and include an open bar and buffet from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., followed by dancing and countdown with DJ Chuck and DJ Sanabia, champagne toast and party favors.
- Bobby Vee will be hosting Victoria Station's annual party. Festivities include a DJ, dancing, free champagne toast at midnight, giveaways and more!! Festivities start at 9 p.m. There is no cover and there will be a special chef's menu.