Man Accused of Road Rage While Picking Up Lunch at Kings
An excerpt from the Salem Police Department's Wednesday and Thursday logs.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's Wednesday and Thursday logs. Police received a call about a shoplifter and another about a possible road rage situation.
- Police received a call about a shoplifter at the CVS on Highland Avenue at 5:24 p.m. Wednesday. Police said a female was allegedly putting items in her bag and then left in a vehicle. Police said they were unable to locate the vehicle and Peabody police were alerted complete with a license plate number. Marblehead PD was able to provide Salem officers with a cellphone number. The woman was contacted and she admitted to being in the store. She told them she was looking for a product and when they didn't have it, she left.
- At 6:01 p.m. Wednesday, police received a call about four parties loitering at the gas station on Derby Street. Police said all four people were issued no-trespass orders.
- Smoke was reported in a basement on Forrester Street at 6:40 p.m. Wednesday.
- A 7:11 p.m. Wednesday, police said an officer was flagged down after a pedestrian had been struck by a vehicle at Washington and Mill Street. Police said the man was lying in the street in the crosswalk. The driver admitted to hitting the man while making a left turn and was issued a citation for failure to yield.
- Police received a call about suspicious parties from Hawthorne Boulevard at 8:33 p.m. Police said an adult was concerned about a child who had befriended a homeless party.
- A package was reported stolen from a Lafayette Street residence at 9:08 p.m. Wednesday.
- Police were called to Monroe Street to check on the well-being of a man covered in blood at 10:20 p.m. Wednesday.
Also on Wednesday
- Jonathan Elias Morel, 17, of 8 Scotia St. was arrested on a domestic assault and battery charge.
- Police received a call from the North Shore Medical Center at 12:51 a.m. Thursday about a male party causing a disturbance.
- At 2:01 a.m. Thursday, police said a vehicle hydroplaned and went into a utility pole. Police said the airbags deployed and there was front-end damage. The driver, who was bleeding from the leg, admitted to driving too fast, police said.
- A break-in to a motor vehicle was reported on Pope Street at 6 a.m. Thursday.
- Police said they received a call that a patient was becoming "aggravated and violent" on Mason Street at 9:03 a.m.
- A road rage incident was reported on North Street at 12:28 p.m. Thursday. Police said they received a call from the Kings Roast Beef parking lot. The officer met with one of the parties, who was inside the restaurant. The caller was not on scene and could not be reached by dispatch. The party who met with the officer said he knew nothing about the incident and said he was picking up lunch and going to his daughter's house.
Also on Thursday
- Jeffery Alan Hamor, 50, of 12 Cedar St. in Beverly was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, intimidation of a witness and trespassing.