Lynn Man Arrested For Possession of Heroin to Distribute
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Feb. 5
- At 4:12 p.m. police were called to Summit Avenue on report of a child missing from a yard.
- At 4:12 p.m. police were called to the area of Washington and Essex Street to check the wellbeing of a woman and child. As a result of police's investigation, a woman was placed in protecive custody, due to her level of intoxication.
- At 5:11 p.m. police arrested Joseph Maurais, 50, of 73 Habor St., on two warrant charges.
- At 5:16 p.m. police arrested Raymond Garland, 42, of 12 Daniels St., on warrant charges, as well as shoplifting, receiving stolen property, and wanton destruction of property.
- At 6:30 p.m. police were called to a disturbance on Flying Cloud Ln.
- At 6:51 p.m. police observed suspicious activity in the area of Washington Street. Joel Barreras was arrested for possession of heroin with intent to distribute and trespassing.
- The drivers side of a vehicle was reported shot with a bb gun in the area of 204 Highland Avenue at 6:57 p.m. Police said the man whose car was shot said he saw two men running through the tall grassy area. Police and both K9 units went to the area, but did not locate anyone.
- Police were called to Chase Street at 7:08 p.m. on report of a stolen purse. When police arrived she told police she had found it; it was underneath a pile of jackets in her kitchen.
- A fight was reported on Gardner Street at 9:36 p.m. Police placed two individuals who were intoxicated in protective custody.
- Police were called to Lifebridge on report of a loud individual in the building at 11:16 p.m. When police arrived the man had quieted down, and staff said he could stay.
Wednesday, Feb. 6
- At 12:22 a.m. police were called to Prince Street on report of a break-in in progress. The caller told police the person had a gray Audi and the vehicle's passenger window was broken. Police in Lynn were able to locate the vehicle, and Arismendi Ramos, 39, of 26 Mount Vernon St. in Lynn, was arrested on charges of breaking and entering at nighttime to commit a crime and malicious destruction of property.
- Police were called to the Shell Gas Station on Boston Street at 12:41 a.m. on report of loud music coming from the building. Police said on arrival they noticed the loud noise, but when they spoke to the clerk he said he had no music playing and did not hear anything.
- At 6:27 a.m. police were called to Lynde Street on report of a leaf blower noise complaint. Police spoke to the man who was leaf-blowing snow, and told him to quiet down til 8 a.m., due to the city's noise ordinance.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported taking pictures of houses in the Monroe Road area at 9:22 a.m.
- At 11:20 a.m. a homeless man was reported sleeping in a Washington Street basement. Police found the man outside when they arrived, and he was served a no trespassing order.
- Police were called to North Street at 2:04 p.m. on report of a person sleeping in a vehicle. When police talked to the individual, he told police he was just waiting for his mother.