Lost Christmas Present Money Returned
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Dec. 11:
- At 4:03 p.m., a Phillips Street man called police to report that his live-in girlfriend threw a plastic ashtray at him. A warrant will be issued for a single count of domestic assault with a dangerous weapon (ashtray).
- At 4:10 p.m., police responded to 38 Buena Vista Ave. for a report of a past assault. A warrant will be issued for charges of assault and battery on a disabled person and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (shod foot).
- At 4:51 p.m., police responded to 14 Gardner St. for a report of a suspicious person on the third floor. Melissa J. Cote, 25, 14 Gardner St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:26 p.m., a woman on Beaver Street called police to report that someone backed their pickup truck into her fence.
- At 8:19 p.m., police responded to a report of people loitering on Liberty Street.
- At 9:55 p.m., police received a complaint regarding homeless people sleeping in the outer lobby of Derby Lofts on Lafayette Street.
- At 11:14 p.m., police responded to a report of "undesirables" in the area. Sheena M. Tassone, 27, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of trespassing. Barry E. Bullock, 54, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of trespassing. Brian K. Barbrick, 36, of 4 Eisenhower Road, Beverly, was arrested on a charge of trespassing.
Wednesday, Dec. 12:
- At 1:46 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Bridge Street. Mario E. Chavez, 30, of 17 Hollingsworth St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 9:13 a.m., a woman called police to report that her purse was either lost or stolen at Target Tuesday.
- At 10:35 a.m., a man called police to report that he had become the victim of identity theft.
- At 11:20 a.m., a hypodermic needle was found on Jefferson Avenue.
- At 12:12 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic assault and battery on Hathorne Street.
- At 12:35 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that he accidentally left his shoulder bag on the roof of his car while loading flowers on Canal Street and drove off. Police noted that the man was distraught because he had $300 in the bag that he was going to use for Christmas shopping. 20 minutes later, a woman called police to report that her daughter found the bag in the middle of the street and it was returned to the man with all of the contents.
- At 12:43 p.m., police and fire units responded to East India Square for a report of a fire in a bathroom trash barrel.
- At 1:24 p.m., police responded to a report of a damaged solar panel on Canal Street.
If you have a question about this log, please send it to Salem Patch.