Ipswich Man Crashes Twice, Arrested for 2nd OUI
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Nov. 11:
- At 5:34 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on New Derby Street involving a Toyota Rav4 and a GMC Envoy.
- At 6:47 p.m., police responded to a report of stolen medication from the CVS on Highland Avenue. A woman told police she went to the store's pharmacy to fill a prescription of Xanax and Neronton and an employee told her someone had already picked up the prescription claiming to be her mother.
- At 7:11 p.m., a woman entered the police station to complain about another local woman who posted about her son on Facebook following a fight at school.
- At 7:28 p.m., police responded to a reported motor vehicle accident and fight at the intersection of Washington and Mill streets. Douglas Fitzpatrick, 60, of 3 Belle St., Ipswich, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense and two counts of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. Fitzpatrick reportedly hit another car while making an illegal U-turn on Essex Street, then hit another parked car while fleeing the area on Chestnut Street.
- At 8:40 p.m., a Marlborough Road woman entered the police station to report that she had been the victim of identity theft.
- At 12:02 a.m., police responded to Derby Street for a report of a barfight in front of Murphy's Bar.
Monday, Nov. 12:
- At 8:08 a.m., a resident on Abbot Street called police to report that their vehicle was broken into overnight and cash, two ipods and several speakers were stolen. Items were reportedly secured at the scene for possible prints.
- At 9:18 a.m., a Leach Street resident called police to report that someone had stolen a Schwinn girls' bike from the rear of her home sometime within the last couple of days.
- At 10:07 a.m., a person inside Finz Restaurant called police to report that they had just seen a man urinating outside.
- At 10:25 a.m., police responded to a reported motor vehicle accident on Margin Street. A man reportedly had a medical issue while driving, drove over a stop sign and a parking meter and collided with three parked cars.
- At 11:03 a.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man sleeping on the ground on Washington Square. The man was found not to be drunk and just sleeping.
- At 11:47 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Vinnin Street involving a BMW 330XIA and a Volvo S40.
- At 12:05 p.m., a resident called police to report that the front passenger-side window of his Chevy Suburban was smashed out overnight while parked at the parking garage on East India Square. Nothing was reportedly stolen.
- At 12:51 p.m., police on patrol noticed a man hiding his face from them while walking on Salem Street. Abiezer Cotto, 35, of the streets of Salem, was later arrested on an outstanding warrant. A hypodermic needle found during the booking process was properly disposed of.
- At 1:43 p.m., police officers reportedly noticed a man walking on Cedar Street who has an extensive criminal history of larcenies. Raymond A. Garland, 42, of 12 Daniels St., Salem, was arrested on charges of breaking and entering a building and illegal possession of a class C substance (Alprazolam).
- At 3:20 p.m., a Washington Street called police to report that someone keeps leaving things under his business door. The man said that earlier in the day he found a gum sample under his door.
If you have a question about this log, please send it to Salem Patch.