Salem Police Assist With 'Hoarding Issue'
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Nov. 29:
- At 4:17 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on North Street involving a Toyota Rav4 and a motorcycle.
- At 4:37 p.m., a Flint Street resident called police to report that someone keeps taking their name off of their mailbox.
- At 5:10 p.m., police responded to North Street for a report of an injured seagull. The injured seagull reportedly had severe injuries and died on scene. It was taken to the DPW for disposal.
- At 6:17 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Bridge Street. A man was reportedly placed into protective custody.
- At 9:59 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man on Lafayette Street. The man was placed into protective custody.
Friday, Nov. 30:
- At 12:08 a.m., a Harbor Street man called police to ask if he could send mail to the police station. The man was advised to use the post office and to not call 911 unless it was an actual emergency.
- At 12:18 a.m., a man called police to report that three women had just moved some traffic cones and barrels into the street. The women initially denied moving the items when questioned, but later said they moved them so a motor vehicle could pull into a nearby driveway.
- At 2:20 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm at Jaho Coffee Shop.
- At 4:35 a.m., police discovered two people sleeping inside the Salem Five ATM lobby. They were reportedly moved on their way.
- At 8:57 a.m., Katlin Armstrong, 22, of 38 Boston St., Salem, was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 9:11 a.m., police responded to Lee Fort Terrace to meet with the Salem Housing Authority Inspector and Manager who reportedly had a court order to enter 28 Lee Fort Terrace to inspect and take photographs of an alleged hoarding issue with the tenant.
- At 9:48 a.m., a member of the state police apprehension unit located a man on Washington Street. David J. Crane, 26, of 2 Washington St., Peabody, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:57 a.m., police responded to a report of two men fighting with baseball bats on Boston Street.
- At 11:20 a.m., a member of the state police apprehension unit located a man on Congress Street. Thomas P. Carolan Jr., 33, of 96 Congress St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 12:02 p.m., police located a man on Beaver Street. David J. Conley, 22, of 38 Beaver St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 2:41 p.m., police located a man at 12 Pope St. Joseph A. Pinto, 26, of 12 Pope St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, email it to Salem Patch.